FFNWF FUND GRANT LETTERS OF INQUIRY
The First Financial Northwest Foundation Fund board has moved to a 'Letter of Inquiry' (LOI) in order to make their grant submission process more efficient. That means the first step in requesting funds from FFNWF is to send a letter of inquiry to RCF (see below). The deadline for Letters of Inquiry is 5:00 p.m. August 19, 2016.
Once the board has had time to review LOI's, they will decide which organizations will be invited to submit a full grant application. Invitation to submit a full application does not guarantee that you will receive a grant. Rather, this will narrow down the field so that the board can spend quality time reviewing applications to make their final decisions.
RCF will contact organizations chosen to submit full applications with a deadline and requirements. If you are intereated in submitting a Letter of Inquiry, please see below.
Generally, grants awarded will be for projects or organizations which do one or more of the following:
- Develop new and innovative approaches to community problems
- Invest in equipment or facilities that have a long-lasting impact
- Provide a direct service to the community
- Encourage the participation of diverse groups and individuals
- Address an urgent need
- Provide a quality of life benefit to the community
- Have a solid plan for sustainability
- Leverage or generate other funding sources
- Generate measurable and sustainable outcomes
- Address root causes and long-term solutions
- Facilitate the improvement of services or program
The Fund does not award grants to the following:
- Religious organizations, with the exception of non-sectarian activities
- Operating expenses
- Annual fundraising events or campaigns
- Tuition or scholarships
- Direct assistance to an individual
- For-profit organizations
- Political or lobbying efforts
- Debt retirement
- Projects already completed
- Conferences or community forums
LETTERS OF INQUIRY
Please send a Letter of Inquiry, including the following information in no more than three pages, single spaced by 5:00 p.m. August 19 to the Renton Community Foundation.
PAGE ONE: Include a cover sheet printed on your letterhead that has the following:
- all contact information,
- a very brief introduction about your organization,
- the amount you are requesting,
- your tax ID number,
- and the signature of the person authorized to make the request.
- overall goals
- methodology to achieve those goals
- approximately how many people might be affected
- duration of the project
- stumbling blocks you may encounter
- and estimated timeline
Questions? Contact email@example.com. You may also download the Letter of Inquiry guidelines here.