Donor's Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on an individual’s desire to make a difference in their community and in the world. Whether the donation is large or small, the act of giving is voluntary and should be respected and acknowledged for the generous act it is. To ensure that each donor can have full confidence in the Renton Community Foundation and the funds we represent, we declare that all donors have the following rights:
You have the right to:
- Specify the fund or project your donation will benefit.
- Expect your gift will be used in the way you intended.
- Know RCF complies with federal, state, and municipal laws.
- A timely and courteous acknowledgement of your gift.
- Access to staff by phone or in person to answer your inquiries.
- Obtain a copy of the organization's most recent audited financial statements
- Obtain a list of governing board members providing oversight to the organization's mission.
- Know that all information provided by the Foundation is truthful and accurate.