The cornerstone concept is derived from the first stone set in the construction of a masonry foundation, important since all other stones will be set in reference to this stone, thus determining the position of the entire structure. The Renton Community Foundation has chosen Cornerstone as the name for its annual giving club because it will provide funds to support operations and community impact grants - the cornerstone of the Renton Community Foundation.
The Board of Directors of the Renton Community Foundation cordially invite you to join a select group of highly committed individuals whose generosity supports the growing need for charitable giving in our community. Member’s annual contributions of $100 or more help support foundation operations with a goal towards eventually building a Community Benefit Fund capable of making impact grants to priority areas of need.
The Renton Community Foundation began its work in 1999 with just two funds and $257,000. Today, the Foundation manages over forty-five funds and $5 million to benefit a broad array of community needs. In its short life span, the Foundation has granted more than $2 million back to the community, helping to feed the homeless and clothe the poor, provide recreational scholarships for low-income families and educational scholarships for special needs students. RCF supports the arts and children at risk, people with disabilities and women fleeing domestic abuse. RCF provides funding to strengthen the area’s large immigrant population and support emerging groups doing creative work in the non-profit arena. And much, much more.
The Renton Community Foundation has become an important community resource, ready and willing to forge new ways to meet the ever growing need in our community. As a concerned citizen and community leader, we hope you recognize the added value the Renton Community Foundation brings to our community and the potential it has for making a significant impact on the future for our friends and neighbors.
Your gift enables the Renton Community Foundation to:
1. PROVIDE SOLUTIONS - supporting emerging groups working on behalf of the community, helping non-profit groups to overcome challenges and working to build new charitable funds.
2. REACH BEYOND OUR WALLS: RCF is greater than a single organization, advocating for a stronger community, encouraging a ‘shared’ sense of philanthropy and finding and engaging new donors for the benefit of all.
3. BE A TEACHER - willingly sharing expertise and offering educational opportunities to other non-profit agencies.
4. BE AN INNOVATOR AND CATALYST - bringing new ideas and new solutions to the table.
5. PROVIDE SKILLED SUPPORT - to those who have the power to do good, but perhaps not the personnel or the expertise.
6. ACT AS A PHILANTHROPIC RESOURCE – by serving as an information bank, cross promoting participating non-profit agencies, and providing expertise on complex gift vehicles.
7. SECURE THE FUTURE - encouraging endowments, helping to ensure available resources for the future to support important causes.
8. PROVIDE EFFICIENCIES - in both seeking donations and making grants by serving as an umbrella organization.
9. IMPACT THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY - RCF does not champion one cause over another, but rather works on behalf of priority needs in the community.
10. BE MORE THAN A CONCEPT - In ten years, the Renton Community Foundation has grown to include a broad array of services to our fund-holders, donors and community-at-large and become a force for good in the greater Renton area.
Membership in Cornerstone is on an annual basis and is extended to those individuals and businesses who contribute a minimum of $100 or more during a calendar year. This commitment may be fulfilled through a monthly pledge payment as long as the full amount is received by yearend.
$100 - $499 Friends
$500 - $999 Advocates
$1,000 and more Guardians
Benefits of belonging to Cornerstone are many.
- Access to updates on charitable giving or community needs assessments
- Foundation E-Bites bi-monthly newsletter
- Invitation to special educational events
- Annual Partners newsletter and annual report
- Recognition listing on RCF website & newsletter
- Special recognition at annual Circle of Giving Awards Celebration
- The knowledge that you are a very real part of the Renton Community Foundation team. Through your participation, you are helping to increase support to priority areas of need in our community.